Thursday, February 1, 2007

And Hello to you All!

Howdy!

I'm always terrible at intros, so I'm going to wimp out and instead present my answers to a couple of surveys posted earlier in this blog :)

1. How did you find this KAL?
That nifty "current KAL" website.

2. What do you plan on making with your Alpaca fiber? Crocheting, knitting, or spinning? If knitting or crocheting give us details on the yarn!
I currently have a fair isle sweater (the one from VK fall 2006) on the needles. Sad thing is, I haven't touched it since October! It's about halfway up the back, and looks alright so far. I have nothing but absolute praise for the alpaca/silk blend that I'm using. It's Knit Picks Elegance.

I also need to make myself another pair of fingerless gloves (my own silly, meandering pattern) with the buttery-soft Elsebeth Lavold ClassicAL. My first pair, after having served bravely for 2 winters in a row, have finally developed undeniable holes in the thumbs. The second pair won't have thumbs, most definately!

Finally, there's this giant afghan that I've been meaning to start for ages now. It's pretty far down the list of project priorities now!

3. Have you worked with Alpaca before? If so, your favorite past project knit with Alpaca?
So far the only completed project I've made with alpaca are my fingerless mitts with Elsebeth ClassicAL. Mmm, I love that yarn!

4. What is your absolute favorite Alpaca yarn? What weight do you prefer working with?
I am *blushingly* ignorant of alpaca! I hope to broaden my horizons with this KAL.

5. What sorts of things would you like to see this group do? Would you like any contests, prizes, surveys, swaps?
Great question! So far I'm grappling with the mountain of WIPs that I have. I really love swaps, though, and contests and prizes are always fun!

________________
ALPACA KAL ALL ABOUT MEME:
1. I've been hooked on the needles since?
Knitting for about 4 years, crochet for 1 and cross-stitch for about 2 months!
2. I'm still a virgin, but not for long: to steeking and mitred squares.
3. She's crafty - she gets around...to : knitting, sewing, quilting, crochet and cross stitch.
She's crafty - she's always down...for: reading, playing my guitar.
She's crafty - she's got a gripe...about : not living in a yarn store!
She's crafty - and she's just my type. What type of knitter are you? Terrific question. I'm crazy about starting new projects, not so much about finishing them.
4. I'm dying to try: Blue Sky Alpaca
5. I gravitate towards colors like? (I have to copy your answers, knitten kitten, cause they're the very same as mine!) earth tones like greens, browns, pinks, creams and golds are my favourites. I don't care for blue or red.
6. My most cherished possession (kids, pets, family don't count) is: stash, baby!
7. I'm stuck on an island, what am I reading? Jane Austen.
8. If I were about to be executed and I was offered a last meal , I'd be dining on: butter chicken and basmati, with a decadent cheesecake to finish.
9. Music to knit by: Beatles, Oasis, Nirvana, Sarah Harmer, the Murmurs, Hawksley Workman, Sam Roberts.
10. I have a crush on: Jon Stewart.
11. Least favorite celeb: too many, can't count.
12. Choose:
Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp? sorry, neither.
Madonna or Janet Jackson? Madonna
June Cleaver or Peg Bundy? Peggy!
Jackie or Marilyn? Marilyn
Love or Money? Love
Brains or looks? Brains
Math or English? English
Cat or Dog? Dog
Leader or follower? follower
Beer or Champagne? beer
13. My favorite smell? freshly made chocolate chip cookies
14. Not many people know this about me: I love to dance!
15. My hidden talent is: dancing :)

____________

There you go: far more than you needed to know about me!

No comments: