Monday, January 29, 2007

Crap, Crap, double Crap!

Well, that knock around pullover I was working on from Weekend Knitting...Ain't happening! After finishing both center sections and casting on for the yoke/sleeves it dawned on me...Y'know...this big horizontal section across the already ample breastage is going to do nothing for me, DUH! I was feeling meh about the way the yarn was working up at the correct gauge anyway, and then the pattern wording got me all turned around, the construction is a little too wonky-fried for my taste so Phooey! I frogged it and started something new.
I also need to answer the questionaire which I sorta' neglected to do before!

1. How did you find this KAL?2007 KAL page

2. What do you plan on making with your Alpaca fiber? I am now knitting a cashmere zippered jacket from VK Fall 04'...only in alpaca. I'm going to have to order more yarn, (Knitpicks Decadence-100% alpaky, supposedly bulky but more like heavy worsted in my opinion), but what the hell, right. Better to have something I'll actually wear, than something else to stack on the closet shelf.

3. Have you worked with Alpaca before? If so, your favorite past project knit with Alpaca? Yes, yes, yes! I adore ze alpaca! I'm really in love with a baby hat & bootie set I made for my baby in Atacama Alpaca in a loverly purple colorway. My clapotis is in laceweight alpaca that I'm quite fond of as well,

4. What is your absolute favorite Alpaca yarn? What weight do you prefer working with? I could no sooner pick a favorite star in the sky. Alpaca for me is like buttercream frosting...anything with a little dollop in there is mmmm, mmmm, good.

5. What sorts of things would you like to see this group do? Would you like any contests, prizes, surveys, swaps? contests with yummy surprises of course, swaps are always fun, our own private sp sign up might be nice, oh and good blogstalking games & memes are a must!

I'll post pics of my jacket progress tomorrow and if it's okay with Crystal maybe I'll post a good "ice-breaker/get to know one another meme." What do y'all think?

2 comments:

Shadkitty said...

That would be great! Since we are going to be doing this for a year I would like everyone to feel comfortable with each other and posting their progress, opinions, etc.

Alpaca Lady said...

How do I join? I raise Huacaya alpacas. I knit , spin, weave and felt with their fiber. I am glad my google search brought you to my attention.
Alpaca Lady