Sunday, January 14, 2007

Just a Few...

Questions.

I thought I'd encourage more posting, since I'm guessing most of us are in the middle of other projects or maybe don't have progress pictures. Whatever the reason, I'd love to see more interaction. So, how about a little survey? I'll start.

1. How did you find this KAL?
Okay, well that's cheating for me because I started it, but I'm interested to see how the rest of you found this.

2. What do you plan on making with your Alpaca fiber? Crocheting, knitting, or spinning? If knitting or crocheting give us details on the yarn!
I have several projects planned, hey, we have a whole year right?! My first one will be a cropped top-down raglan in grey Skacel Alpaca Seta. The picture is in a post below. Also, a cropped lace tee from IK summer 06 in KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud. A pale yellow for the April/May months of Project Spectrum. The biggest project will be a sweater for my husband in Elsebeth Lavold Classic Al. Apparently men aren't a fan of color and stick with natural or neutral colors.

3. Have you worked with Alpaca before? If so, your favorite past project knit with Alpaca?
hat

My ver first ever hat. Knit with Blizzard in, I think the color was tan?

4. What is your absolute favorite Alpaca yarn? What weight do you prefer working with?
This is tough, and I know a few of you own Alpacas and spin your own. I guess I generally prefer a DK weight, but I do love that Blizzard yarn. It's soft and warm!

5. What sorts of things would you like to see this group do? Would you like any contests, prizes, surveys, swaps?
I'm running this, but I really want some input from my participants. Doing some swaps or contests sounds like a fun idea to me, and I don't think I'd be totally opposed. Tutorials would be nice if you can think of anything we would need tutorials on.

Take this and run with it. Please post your answers to this blog, and your own if you want, so that we can all see. Also, if I haven't added your info to the sidebar, just let me know. I get a bit forgetful sometimes.

No comments: