Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Belated Questionaire

I have to apologise for answering this so late. I was sick all last week and didn't have the energy to post answers to the questions. But here it is, hopefully better late than never!

1. How did I find this KAL?- From the 2007 Knit-Alongs page
2. What do you plan on making with your Alpaca fiber? Crocheting, knitting, or spinning? If knitting or crocheting give us details on the yarn! So far, I have the Bejeweled scarf that I am knitting (mentioned in a previous post). Then I discovered a UFO that I started years ago. It is a crocheted scarf using a silk/alpaca blend from Cascade. (I'm not sure the yarn is still available.) I also intend to make a shawl from Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet Lace using Berroco Ultra Alpaca. If I get all that done, then I want to go through my stash of alpaca and alpaca blends and decide on some more projects to do this year.
3. Have you worked with Alpaca before? If so, your favorite past project knit with Alpaca? I'm not sure that I have ever finished anything made from alpaca yarn. I may find some more UFOs, though!
4. What is your absolute favorite Alpaca yarn? What weight do you prefer working with? I don't really have a favorite alpaca yarn yet. I probably prefer working with ww, but I have yarn in my stash in every weight from lace to ww. My only real preference is that I don't particularly like bulky yarns.
5. What sorts of things would you like to see this group do? Would you like any contests, prizes, surveys, swaps? Contests and swaps would be fun, but aren't necessary. I would really like to learn more about the pros and cons of working with alpaca and I look forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

No comments: